Thursday, October 8, 2009

rufus hummingbird



Here we have the Rufus Hummingbird, which is more common throughout the United States. The male is the top photo, the female the lower two. This is such a sweet little hummingbird I had to show you. Typically, at The Azure Gate B&B we get Anna's, Broad Tail, Broad Bill, Costa's, and Calliope. In the mountains ranges just to the South of us you can also find: Berylline, Black Chin, Blue Throat, Magnificent, Rufus, and White Eared for a total of 11 hummingbird species I have photographed in Southern Arizona. Last year there was talk that a Star Capped hummer was at Agua Caliente (about five miles from us) but I couldn't find him. As I am writing this the male and female Anna's are chasing each other about my office. I am sure they are just "playing."

No comments:

Post a Comment