Friday, October 23, 2009

Young coati at Muleshoe

Our oldest son, Matt lives in Hawaii with his lovely wife, Rung (who is from Bangkok). We don't see them nearly as often as we would like, but several years ago just after they were married we took them on a wildlife photo trip into British Columbia and Alberta. As it turned out Rung was quite a "wildlife spotter." I remember once we were driving along and I heard this sweet soft voice from the back seat saying "I think that was a bear." So, we backed up and to my surprise (because I am the "expert" and I missed it) was a black bear standing up looking at us. Well, two years ago they came here to Tucson and we took a little trip into the Galiuro Mountains and Muleshoe Ranch. Once again she was the one who spotted a family of coatis. This little guy was most curious and posed for me for several minutes. A wonderful experience thanks to Rung. I do love the Galiuros --- Rung, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment