Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bobcat at The Azure Gate



As I was coming back from the market this morning at 7:00 am a Bobcat walked across our driveway in about the same spot as this one did a couple of years ago. 30 minutes later a Cooper's Hawk was sitting atop the big tree in the oasis. Moments later, I look out and there is a Harris Hawk where the Cooper's was. The Harris Hawk swoops down and out of sight. Then the Cooper's Hawk comes back. This afternoon a Caliope Hummingbird (the smallest bird in North America) and occasional visitor to The Azure Gate came right up to my face and hovered in front of me.  Then went on to his feeder. As Christine and I were leaving to go for a walk, a Roadrunner ran across the road. Sometimes I want to just sit outside and watch what's going on. I remember something DeWitt Jones (a National Geographic photographer) said:  every once in a while leave your camera behind. Just go out and enjoy the beauty, the peace, and the spirit of nature. Yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment