Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Medicine Lake, Alberta



On that same winter trip to Jasper National Park I drove up Maligne Road which passes Medicine Lake and ends at Maligne Lake. It was dawn and I was creating the first tracks of the day in the fresh snow on the road. Before reaching Medicine Lake, I came across a Moose cow and her calf. They were eating something in the snow on the road. Maybe the road had been salted the day before, don't know. I took several photos of the moose before they wandered off. I continued up the canyon and upon reaching Medicine Lake found this elk along the lake's edge. It was a day or two after finding the caribou on the lake. The way the elk was lying behind the snow covered rocks, it looked like just the bust of an elk. I thought it would be a good photo. The elk was very cooperative. He let me photograph him from many angles. After returning home and developing the film I realized ... maybe it was actually better than a good photo. Such is the "nature" of wildlife photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment