Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yellowstone Coyote



Even though I see coyotes often at or around The Azure Gate in Tucson, I am never bored seeing them. For example, this beautiful coyote in Yellowstone. Yes, I was looking for bears, moose, and wolves. But, a coyote in hand is better than two wolves in a bush -- or, something like that. I watched these two coyotes walking in a field of grass a couple hundred yards away. I was walking parallel to them. After awhile one of them turned and started walking diagonally in the same direction I was headed. Eventually, he was 20 yards away and I got this photo. I could have just said to myself, "myself, (I can't believe I just did that) you've seen coyotes before and these are 200 yards away. Just keep going."  But, over the years I have spent in the wilderness, I have learned a couple of things. First, you can spend hours on end looking and not finding what you are looking for. And, second is its corollary,  stay put when you find an animal - even if far away. He may reward you and give you a great unexpected photograph.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I had the chance to see a Wolf, Grizzly bears, Elk, and of couse Bison when I was in yellowstone. what a great place!

    ReplyDelete