Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cody Coyote




Christine and I just went to see the movie "Did Your Hear About the Morgans?" (Hugh Grant, Sarah Jessica Parker). The movie takes place in "Ray, Wyoming" which is supposed to be a town near Cody, Wyoming. The movie was actually filmed in New Mexico for some incoherent reason.  Anyway, Cody is the first town east of Yellowstone National Park. Two years ago I was driving along between Cody and Yellowstone and came across this coyote playing amongst the wildflowers. It was as delightful to watch as it seemed delightful to him to be playing there. Of course, he may have been chasing food and I just didn't see the mouse -- or whatever -- he was chasing. But, nonetheless, fun to watch. I know there are others who think coyotes are beautiful, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a friend of Ashley's and just wanted to say thanks for sharing your coyote pics. I especially like this one! Ever since reading Prodigal Summer, I've had a certain fascination with them.

    ReplyDelete