Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Glacier National Park White Tail Deer


When you think of Glacier National Park you think of mountains, and well ----- glaciers. But the Western boundary of the park is along the North Fork of the Flathead River and if you drive along the river long enough you get into some country that is barely visited and yet just forty miles from the West Entrance to the Park. Most visitors arriving at the West Entrance take the Going to the Sun Highway across the mountains or they take the Southern Loop that connects to the East Entrance. The West side's dirt road along the river dead ends at Kintla Lake. I have been up that side several times -- mainly looking for grizzlies. On one occasion I came across these two young fawns with their mom. They let me photograph them as long as I wanted. After a while I just put my camera down and sat with them contemplating the beauty of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment