Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Phantom of Patagonia


Well, I was going to share with you my new photos of the Elegant Trogon. However, since I could not find an Elegant Trogon at Patagonia Lake, it became problematic. Such it is when you go looking for something specific. "Now, a few words on looking for things. When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them." I can't take credit for saying that. It comes from Darryl Zero (Zero Effect). So, even though I didn't find what I was looking for I found a Ruby Crowned Kinglet (who just wouldn't stay still); several  Vermillion Flycatcher (middle photo); and a Hutton's Vireo (bottom and again just wouldn't stay still). Also, several other flycatchers, a beautiful male cardinal, and waterbirds including a Great Blue Heron. So, all in all a wonderful day hiking around Patagonia Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment