Monday, July 30, 2012

Buried Treasures and Tangents

I was going through some old photo albums from 20 years ago and came across some photos I liked that never got scanned into my computer  ---and for which  the negatives were long since gone. So, I scanned  the print and imported them into my digital photo library.  The result is not quite as good as if I scanned the negative, but it is fun to see these old prints now on my computer. Anyway, my thought was to share these "buried treasures" over the next couple of days, starting with this literally buried treasure:

The outhouse in Wells Gray Provincial Park, British Columbia
Wells Gray is one of my favorite places in North America. It is the fourth largest park in Canada covering over 1.3 million acres of incredibly beautiful wilderness. A single road takes you into the southernmost third of the park. The rest of the park can only be accessed by foot. It is a true wilderness area. The park is noted for several 9,000 foot peaks in the Cariboo Mountains, and several amazing waterfalls, the largest of which is Helmcken Falls which plunges water some 500 feet. 

Here is a photo of Helmcken Falls taken during the summer:

Helmcken Falls during the summer

From the same angle but taken in the Spring:


Helmcken Falls during the spring

Same angle but with wide angle lens and taken in the winter:

Helmcken Falls during the winter

Different angle in winter:

Helmcken Falls

Winter close up from below:


No comments:

Post a Comment