Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bald Eagle IV

The last of my "5" rated Bald Eagles was especially nice. 

Unlike other photographic specialties: portrait, landscape, industrial, architecture, etc. wildlife photographers sometimes have less than 5 seconds to get a photo. If it doesn't happen, or if the photo doesn't turn out, you've missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

I was traveling on a back country road in Northern California among rolling hillsides. As I was climbing I saw two Bald Eagles that appeared to be dancing. I quickly got to a point where I was parallel to them, pulled over, stopped the jeep, grabbed my camera, got out and started taking photos. Of those photos this is the one I like best. The eagles were fighting at this point with one upside down and almost a mirror-image of the first. 

The entire event took less than 30 seconds.  Then they were gone.

Bald Eagles Fighting in Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment