Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bald Eagle

On to my "5" rated "B's", and first up: the Bald Eagle. Living in the Northwest provides an opportunity to see Bald Eagles frequently  -- as opposed to the very, very rare occasion that you see one in Southern Arizona. In one of my first trips (January, 1996) to Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge, which is along the Oregon-California Border, I was able to get very close to a Bald Eagle perching on a pole. When I got to about 15 feet he decided to fly away. Here's the result:


Bald Eagle: Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge

Note: many of my early photos were with a lower quality camera. Over the years I have lost many of the negatives or slides and was left with only a print. Scanning the print hasn't always yielded the best result. So this is a scan of a print. Nonetheless, I like this well enough to include it as a "5" rated photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment