Friday, November 23, 2012

Bison - II

Here's another "5" Star photo from the National Bison Range National Wildlife Refuge in Montana. While the refuge is open year round, the main 19 mile gravel road up into the mountains is closed during the winter. In the summer, it's a different story. The terrain changes significantly, and as it does so does the wildlife. In addition to Bison, you might see deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, bighorn sheep, and mountain goats, and over 200 species of birds. One summer as I was driving the loop I saw this Bison following an "animal path." As I stopped to photograph it, I realized that the path crossed the road  precisely where I was stopped. As he approached it appeared as though he was "licking his chops", so I took this one photo before moving out of its way. 

Bison

No comments:

Post a Comment