Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Black Bear II


Continuing with my "5" Star Black Bears. This photo was taken in the Chiricahua Mountains (Arizona) in September of 2011. I had been photographing this Bear for about 20 minutes when all of a sudden he started walking toward me. I took that as a sign and slowly backed away in a diagonal direction. As I said yesterday, Bears must be respected. In this case, he told me he wanted to stay in the area but wanted me to leave. And, so that is precisely what I did. I said "thank you" for the photo opportunity and left. Of all those photos, the last one is the one I liked best:

Black Bear: Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona


Note: If you would like to comment about one of my photos -- or the story that goes with it, please feel free to do so. I do read the comments and will be happy to respond if appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. Yes....and that's what makes this particular animal tricky to film. I had a similar experience in Portal but unfortuneatly, I got out of Dodge. I was all alone and it was a bit scary:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this photo was taken along FR 42 near the turnoff for South Fork Cave Creek. With a good telephoto lens you don't need to get too close, he just decided to walk towards me. Because of the lens he appears closer than he actually is. I'd guess at this point he was about 30 fee away. Thanks again for your ongoing comments.

      Delete