Monday, August 1, 2011

Black Bears in the Chiricahuas - Part III

Bear #3: While in the Chiricahua's I stayed at Cave Creek Ranch (highly recommended). Cave Creek Ranch is the premier hummingbird site in the Chiricahua's. (hummingbird photos to come in a few days). Anyway, I got up early Wednesday morning to hike South Fork Cave Creek. By this time the flood had come and gone. It was heartbreaking to see the damage to this incredibly bio-diverse wilderness. The day before it was fire damage, but this day it was the flood damage that seemed most apparent.  About the only birds I saw were Mexican Jays and Acorn Woodpeckers. However, continuing my exploration of the Chiricahua's I came across a Cinnamon Black Bear. This on was also determined to eat the leaves from the small saplings near the road. Therefore I was able to spend quite some time with him taking photos. Here then are photos of Bear #3:






No comments:

Post a Comment