Sunday, August 14, 2011

Driving the Back Road from Flagstaff to Tucson - Part I

I started out at 4:00 AM in hopes of getting to Mormon Lake by first light.  My hope was to find some Elk. I was rewarded with four very large Bull Elk. Unfortunately, they were deep in the woods with not quite enough light yet to produce a photo of the highest quality. Photographing wildlife under these conditions is tricky at best. Look at all the trees in the way. At least in this photo I got three of the four looking straight at me. Elk in Arizona are cautious at best. They tend to run as soon as they see you. Much different than the Elk that walk down main street in Jasper, Aberta or Mamoth, Yellowstone. So, I didn't an opportunity to move around to get a better angle. Still I am happy for seeing them, and happy for this photo:

Four Bull Elk

No comments:

Post a Comment