Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Driving the Back Road from Flagstaff to Tucson - Part IV Boyce Thompson Arboretum

When driving the back road from Flagstaff (or Phoenix) to Tucson, a stop at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum is a must. I mean, what's the point in taking a back road if you are not going to stop there. There is a wonderful trail through desert and riparian areas that always produces photo ops: animals, birds, cactus, and other plants. This trip was no different -- although it was 105 degrees. As I look at my photos I realize that I obviously stay pretty focused on animals and birds. There were -- and usually are -- many cactus varieties and other flowering plants that I could have photographed. Maybe next time I'll get a better balance with plants. Here are some of the photos:

Arizona Gray Squirrels Fighting

Greater Earless Lizard

Female Phainopepla (silky flycatcher)

Black Phoebe

Male Cardinal

One of many flowers that caught my attention

No comments:

Post a Comment