Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chiricahua Mountains - A Few Others Birds

Finally the last post from my recent trip to the Chiricahua Mountains. As I mentioned Cave Creek is one of the premier birding spots in the US. The fire and flooding have, no doubt, taken its toll -- for the time being. But, there have been fires before and will be again. And, no doubt, this area will bounce back as good as ever. What seemed lacking the most were the small forest birds -- warblers in particular. Although I saw an Elegant Trogon this time (as I have many times with great photos) not close enough this time. However, I didn't go away without some nice bird photos: 

Black Headed Grosbeak Male

Gilded Flicker Female

Lesser Goldfinch Male

Northern Cardinal Male

Acorn Woodpecker Male

No comments:

Post a Comment