Thursday, June 21, 2012

Photo Trip: Imperial National Wildlife Refuge - VII

I made four trips out Red Cloud Mine Road from Imperial NWR through Yuma Proving Ground to Red Cloud Mine. On each trip, either on the way out, on the way back, or both I came across one or two Desert Bighorn Sheep. I have noticed -- especially with Bears -- that half the time you come across a large mammal in the wilderness they run away; a quarter of the time they walk away; which leaves one quarter of the time I might get a good photo -- as long as I don't screw up. The case today was the one-quarter that they walk away. This large Ram started walking away as soon as he saw me. However, I did get several photos before he disappeared over the mountain. Here is that sequence:










No comments:

Post a Comment