Saturday, June 23, 2012

Photo Trip: Imperial National Wildlife Refuge - IX

The last of Imperial National Wildlife Refuge and my photo trip: 

When I go to Imperial NWR I am totally focused on two things: Desert Bighorn Sheep and Feral Burros. But, occasionally something catches my eye and I take a photo, like the first Desert Iguana I have seen in the wild:

Desert Iguana

Imperial NWR is noted for its bird sanctuary. However, photographing water birds is a real challenge at Imperial because the only real access is by boat. Nonetheless, I felt compelled to photograph this Clark's Grebe from 100 yards away:
Clark's Grebe
I thought the only place Mourning Doves lived was on our property (just kidding). Although we have at least 100 on our property at any point in time, I felt compelled to photograph this one sitting on a jagged peak in the mountains:
Mourning Dove
 A Red Tail Hawk also caught my eye as I was looking in the mountains for Desert Bighorns:
Red Tail Hawk
 And, of course, what is a desert without Turkey Vultures:
Turkey Vulture
 Finally, a "poor" Whip-poor-will that had a damaged wing:
Whip-poor-will

No comments:

Post a Comment