Sunday, August 12, 2012

Buried Treasures -- A Coyote????

Coyotes are pretty resilient animals. Nearly wiped out in the early 1900's they have bounced back to the point where 90,000 are killed every year for one reason (road kill) or another (some people think they've become a problem) without a reduction in their overall population.

I have photographed Coyotes at 9,000 feet and at sea level; in minus 10 degrees F and at 110 degrees F; and from deserts to glaciers. They seem to be able to exist just about anywhere.  The photo today, is my "oldest" coyote photo. I think I took this in 1990 while going from one lake to another in Central British Columbia. From the Coyote's action and the expression on his face I may have been the first human he had ever seen. 

Very Sweet and Beautiful Coyote in British Columbia

1 comment:

  1. This is really a beautiful shot!!! Nicely done. I've seen them all over but FINALLY I got my first blogs Coyote shots coming up next month. Both gave me that same look and I think they are the most beautiful creatures in our desert. I've seen them out in the wild often but never with my camera. This shot with the lighting and coyote is incredible. Nice capture. It looks like a beautiful day as well.

    ReplyDelete