Sunday, August 5, 2012

Time for Lunch

The Northwest is noted for its rain (and for good reason). This is true in Western Oregon, Western Washington, and British Columbia. In fact, you can pretty much count on rain until July 4th. Since the best fishing is late Spring and early Summer, encountering rain is fairly common. Also common are rivers and lakes which become much larger than at other times of the year.

The little town of Merritt, British Columbia is about a four hour drive from Seattle. On one trip to Ersnt Lake (which takes about six hours) I decided to stop for a break and eat lunch at the Stump Lake picnic area.   When I arrived I found that the lake was about six feet higher than normal, which put the picnic table out in the lake. But, no matter, I had waders, so ..... why not? So, here I am eating lunch.  Oh, to be young again. 

Lunch on --- rather "in" Stump Lake, British Columbia

No comments:

Post a Comment