Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life among the Dandelions






I am usually focused on wildlife photography. However, every now and then, with camera in hand, I come across something else that strikes me as worth a photo. As I travel through wildernesses I often pass farm or ranch land. I must admit I rarely think about; guess I am too focused on getting where I want to get and picturing in my mind what I want to photograph. For some reason, this particular trip while headed up to the Kamloops lakes, I saw this goat with its kid. The goat was stand on hind feet with front feet on the fence in order to get high enough to eat the leaves he couldn't reach from all fours. The kid seemed more interested in me than in eating. As such, he started walking toward me in this field of dandelions. My heart -- not my head -- said "stop." This is worth a photo, if only for yourself; if only to remember the little things where nature and civilization collide.

No comments:

Post a Comment