Sunday, January 10, 2010

When You Don't See Moose



Much of the time taking a photograph is obvious. You see a moose in the river, elk jousting, a bear in the tree. But, there are other times when a photograph is there, you just have to look for it. I remember a later trip to Wells Gray where I wasn't having much luck. I walked my "moose trail" but there were no moose, no bear, and no elk. So, I started looking for other "photo ops". There is much beauty in this world that we take for granted. It is a reminder to literally stop and smell the roses. These photos of the mushroom and the puff ball may not be as exciting as a bear standing 15 feet away, but they are quite beautiful nonetheless. What's more, they don't run or fly away. You can get the angle you want. In both of these cases it was lying on my stomach using my elbows as tripods. I thought they turned out pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment