Monday, January 18, 2010

Weeping Wall



As you pass the Athabasca Glacier, from Jasper south into Banff you come across Weeping Wall. I thought rock climbing looked dangerous. Ice Climbing takes it to a whole new level. With Ice Climbing you are essentially climbing a frozen waterfall. However, in late Spring after the thaw, the Mountain Goats that winter high about the Icefields, head down these "walls" to where there is new vegetation. It's really quite a sight. I remember finding a goat (with my binoculars) near the top of the wall, much to far for a photo. So, I decided to have my lunch. About 30 minutes later, I could see that the goat wasn't alone. There was a small "puff ball" bouncing along behind. This "peeked" my interest further. So, I waited. After another hour the nanny and kid were nearly to the bottom, where I was able to take several rolls of film. These are truly majestic looking animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment