Thursday, February 25, 2010

British Columbia Bighorn Sheep


Our last stop this blog trip is British Columbia. Spences Bridge is about 60 miles northwest of Merritt in Central BC. It is along the Thompson River (a good river to fish) which flows into the Fraser River. Bighorn sheep live in the mountains in that area but come down to the river for water frequently during the summer. Their easiest access in at the town of Spences Bridge. I had read that this was a good site to find sheep so off I went. And, they were right. My first try was successful, finding this young ram and six ewe's munching along the side of the mountain road. This was an early photograph of mine -- while I was still do some flyfishing. And, although I have taken better photos of the years I still like this one -- my first Bighorn Sheep in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment