Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wyoming Bighorn Sheep


One more Bighorn Sheep photo and story. This one from Yellowstone National Park. It was September with wildflowers in their second blooming season of the year. It was very early when I reached Mount Washburn. And, there were about 15 bighorn sheep (mostly ewes and kids) . When this little guy saw me, he started running quickly to mommy, hiding beneath hear -- with an occasional drink of mom's milk. I was probably the fourth or five "car" to arrive.  And, of course by the time I finished taking photos there were 50 or more cars -- as is the case at Yellowstone ---- along with a couple of Rangers to try to maintain calm. Although, not my favorite place to photograph wildlife (just too many people), Yellowstone never fails to provide some photo ops.

No comments:

Post a Comment