Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Carnivores: Bobcats - Part III

In late May of 2001, Christine and I were staying at an Embassy Suites in Tucson, while we were closing on our new home, which is now The Azure Gate B&B. Our youngest daughter Ashley had come down with us to see what we were getting into. We were going to meet there around 9:00 AM, so Ashley and I decided to go for a little hike around Sweetwater Wetlands around 6:30. I was a couple feet in front of her when I heard a "psst....daddy." I turned around to see Ashley with her hand covering her wide-open mouth pointing to the side of the trail just next to me. I looked and was stunned that I had just walked past a Bobcat lying down behind a bush. I immediately took a photo but it really wasn't a good angle. I sat down in front of the Bobcat. But, still not a good angle. So, I laid on my stomach using my elbows as a tripod. Did I get a photo? No! I was too close for the lens I had on the camera. So, I turned over on my back, changed lenses, rolled back on my stomach and finished the film left in the camera. The Bobcat remained undisturbed, so I rolled back on my back and put in a second roll of film. After 36 more photos, I rolled over once again for another roll of film. About halfway through the third roll of film the Bobcat stood up, looked at me, and said, "I think you have enough photos, don't you?" and walked off. We spotted him a couple more times as we were walking. Below are some of those photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment