Sunday, October 24, 2010

Carnivores: Bobcats

Baring any interruption for intruding wildlife, I thought I would start a series on Carnivore Stories. First up, Bobcats.

It was a hot summer day in 2004. How hot? 110 degrees hot. Christine went into the living room to make sure everything was straightened (we had guests coming) and looked out the picture window and saw a Bobcat asleep next to two adjoining walls of the house. I took a couple of photos through the window, thinking I am not sure whether I'll get anything better. (This is my usual pattern: take a photo immediately. If you get better photos, great, just toss the bad ones). Then I went outside where I got this photo, and a few others. 


It was a young Bobcat who decided to stretch his legs a bit and walked slowly around some agaves and sat down again. I  went around the other side of the house so I wouldn't disturb him, and came up from another angle where I was able to take several more photos including this one.  



Finally, he decided to explore the grounds a bit more and off he went:

That was the last I saw of him that day. With my heart still pounding a bit, I said thank you, and rushed off to Jones Photo where I was getting my film developed those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment