Sunday, October 31, 2010

carnivores: Bobcats - Part VII

A little over a year ago I was sitting at my desk in the office early one morning when I looked out the front door windows and saw a Bobcat walking down the driveway. As I got my camera he jumped up on the wall directly in front of me. I stepped outside and took three photos before he jumped down to the other side of the wall and out of sight. Here are those three photos:




The first one, obviously is the best and is one of my greeting cards. But, also as the story continues, I immediately downloaded the photos on to my computer and then changed my desk top photo to the first photo above. Maybe a half-hour later Christine came into the office and saw the desktop photo and was so excited. She loved the photo, but of course, wished that she was able to see the real thing. The problem with photographing wildlife, is you that sometimes you only have a split second for a photo. You have to make a decision: Should I take photos or go tell people, so they can see too -- in which case the animal could be gone by the time you and the others get back. If I know that Christine or one of our guests would want to see, then typically I will go get them. Now, if a Mountain Lion walked by, that's another story, I would be taking photos first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment