Saturday, October 30, 2010

Carnivores: Bobcats - Part VI

Where have I seen Bobcats? In addition to the several here at The Azure Gate, I have seen one at Sweetwater Wetlands with daughter Ashley (which I showed you a couple of days ago), in the Coconino Forest near Flagstaff, in Central Oregon near Bend, in the Galiuro Mountains (AZ), and this guy at Whitewater Draw (AZ):

Bobcat
photo taken at Whitewater Draw, Arizona

The Whitewter Draw Bobcat is a photo without much of a story. Christine and I were there with friends to show them the 30,000 Sandhill Cranes milling around when across the wetland was this Bobcat. The Bobcat in the Galiuro Mountains has story without a photo -- not one that I kept anyway. I was sitting on a log in a grove of cottonwoods in the Galiuro Mountains eating a lunch I had brought with me. Something made me turn around, and when I did I saw a Bobcat walking towards me. I had to get up to reach for my camera and as I did the Bobcat took notice and decided to let me photograph his backside. I took a couple of photos, but since he never turned to look back at me, only got that backside. I kept the photos for a while, but seems as though I must have trashed them when purging for file space. I do love the Galiuro Mountains. In addition to the Bobcat, it has provided me photos of: pronghorn, coyote, coatimundi, javelina, hooded skunk, striped skunk, gila monster, antelope and blacktail jackrabbits, white tail deer, mule deer, a myriad of butterflies, and a wide range of birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment