Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bumping Heads

Occasionally, like the "civilized" world I suppose, wild animals fight. They fight to establish dominance, territory, or the love of a female. As in these photos, though, it is usually done with little harm to the other. The photo of Bighorn Rams fighting was one of my first photos with an early model APS camera (1995 I believe). The format eventually died, as well it should have given the quality of my photo. The wild horses fighting was quite a thrill. I had driven 100 miles on a Canadian dirt road looking for them. Six hours into the trip I found them. 

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Rams: Cascades, Washington

American Bison: Western Montana

Elk: North Central Colorado

Wild Horses: Central Alberta, Canada

Pronghorn: Northwestern Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment