Tuesday, January 3, 2012

San Rafael Valley, Arizona

Well, a little catching up to do. After starting the Advent Calendar in December I made a little trip down to San Rafael Valley where some Short Eared Owls have been spotted (reported). They have been seen around sunrise which makes it difficult for me since I owe people breakfast every morning. I passed by Parker Lake where some Common and Red Breasted Mergansers had been reported. I hike a portion of the lake but didn't see any. Saw some grebes from too far away for a photo, but got a nice Great Egret in flight. But continuing on through San Rafael Valley, although no Short Eared Owls, I came across about 15 Wild Turkeys, and a Merlin who was kind enough to sit still for about 10 seconds for a photo:

Great Egret

Wild Turkey

Merlin

No comments:

Post a Comment