Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sleeping Through it All: Part I

Every once in a while, on my wildlife excursions I come across an animal sleeping -- or resting. Often in these situations the animal is content to remain laying down provided I don't make any sudden movement. The result is usually a nice photo op. The Bison was actually "wallowing" and was back on his feet in about 30 seconds. The Coyote saw something to eat -- not sure what it was since the wild grasses were so tall -- but quickly jumped up and pounced on whatever it was. The others remained resting for quite a while, and in fact I left them before they got up. I have a few more I'll post tomorrow. But for today:

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep: Western Montana

American Bison: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

Black Bear: Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada

Bobcat: Asleep in our Flower Bed, Tucson, Arizona

Coatimundi: Galiuro Mountains, Arizona

Coyote: Laying in Wildflowers, Western Wyoming

Desert Bighorn Sheep: Trigo Mountains, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment