Friday, May 14, 2010

Last of the Lizards (for now)

We had a Gila Monster around a couple of days ago, which one of our guest was able to see. This particular photo though was taken in Saguaro National Park. I lay down on my stomach, using elbows as tripods to take the photo. The second photo is the Stripped Plateau Lizard which is only found in the Chiricahua Mountains of Arizona. As you can imagine I was thrilled at finding him. Well, maybe thrilled isn't the right word. Happy. Yeh, that works. The third photo is the Tucson Banded Gecko. He was on our oasis patio. Again, lying down to take the photo worked best. We don't see them often. And this was the largest I've seen; about six inches (including tail). I have seen several little ones. One seemed to live in our birdseed storage cabinet for awhile. Another lived in the swimming pool electrical control box. They are cute little guys. This brings us to the end of the lizards for now. I think I have shown you all of the different lizards I have photographed. Anything new comes up I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment