Monday, May 31, 2010

Two more photos from Imperial NWR

I came across this female with her colt as I was hiking in one of the washes at Imperial National Wildlife Refuge (on the Colorado River) in Southwestern Arizona. It was a challenge to get a clear photo as they were running through the vegetation. But, there is something about it that I like. The second photo is a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake I came upon. Snakes are difficult to photograph when they are stretch out. You have to get back too far to get the entire snake, but it then looks too small. But, when coiled or wound sideways, like this one, it can turn out to be a nice photo. This rattlesnake seemed perfectly content to stay exactly how he is in the photo. I came across him like that. And, I left him like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment