Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ash Canyon

I'll come back to Raptors in a couple of days. Yesterday, I went to Ash Canyon in search of the Lucifer Hummingbird. Ash Canyon is another of the wonderful canyons on the southeast side of the Huachucas. It is about 3 miles south of Miller Canyon. But, no luck with Lucifers. I did get a few other photos from Ash Canyon that I thought I'd share with you. After Ash Canyon I went to Miller Canyon. I'll show you those tomorrow. There were a few hummingbirds at Ash Canyon, but nothing like Miller Canyon. I did manage to get this nice Black Chin Hummingbird:


There were a pair of Black Headed Grossbeaks though, that I was able to capture. First the female, then the male:


And, as with most of the Southern Arizona Mountain ranges, Acorn Woodpeckers:

No comments:

Post a Comment