Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rocky Mountain National Park

On to Rocky Mountain National Park. I had finished my morning at Cameron Pass and went on to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was about 10:30 when I arrived near the entrance to the park. The road was already crowded (20+ cars) so I stopped to see what the attraction was. There were two very large Bull Moose laying down about ten feet apart and partially concealed by brush. I started talking to a photographer from Silver Spring, Maryland. Since I grew up in Silver Spring (a couple of centuries ago) we had a few things to talk about about while we waited. Seeing this before, I knew that at some point the Moose were going to get up and start eating again. In the meantime people (families with children) came and went, either not knowing or not caring that they could be a very nice treat.


It took about 90 minutes from the time I arrived for the first Bull to get up:


It wasn't two minutes after the first Bull got up that the second one got up:

Many more photos followed, but eventually they came very close:

I thanked them very much for a delightful show indeed. Then gave my position (and parking space) to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment