Monday, August 23, 2010

Miller Canyon Revisited

Since I didn't have a lot of luck at Ash Canyon I went to Miller Canyon which is just three miles north of Ash Canyon. There were over a hundred hummingbirds in Miller Canyon: Anna's, Black Chin, Blue Throat, Broad Billed, Broad Tailed, Magnificent, Rufus, Violet Crowned, and White Eared. I talked to the owner of Beatty's Orchard who said the Beryline was nesting just above the feeders and if I waited long enough I would probably see one. I was there for three hours and but the Beryline never showed up. However, I am very pleased with the Blue Throat photos. The first two are male Blue Throats feeding on some of the wildflowers:




Here is the male Blue Throat sitting on a branch


And, now the female Blue Throat sitting on a branch

No comments:

Post a Comment