Thursday, November 4, 2010

CARNIVORES: Coyote Stories - Part II

We have guests here from Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound that saw a coyote yesterday morning just standing in the middle of our driveway (the Coyote that is). It reminds me that the Coyote is one of those animals you can't "just go look for." They aren't like the Elegant Trogon, for example. In March and April, I can go to Patagonia Lake, or to South Fork Cave Creek Canyon in the Chiricahuas to look for the Elegant Trogan and often with success. Coyotes on the other hand can be anywhere. In the eight plus years we've been here we have probably seen 150 Coyotes on our property (many of course the same ones). Yet, if I went out looking for one right now, chances are I would not find one. The first photo is a Coyote staring down a rabbit. He gave chase, but I don't think he was successful. 


In this next photo, I was again sitting at my desk when I saw this Coyote come walking toward the front of the office. I grabbed my camera thinking he would walk by the side of the office and there he came. It appears that this time he was successful in catching something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment