Saturday, January 8, 2011

HOOFED MAMMALS: Bighorn Sheep Stories-IV

In going over my Bighorn Sheep photos and previous posts, I realize I have shown you most of my better Bighorn photos. However, I did find one that dates back to the mid-nineties when I was -- once again -- traveling in Alberta along the Columbia Icefield. This time it was summer and a little easier for me to get around on foot. The Canadian Bighorns seem a little less skiddish, and willing to sit still or continue to forage while you move around; at least as long as you don't make any quick motions or act aggressively in any way. This particular Bighorn seemed interested in me -- and interested in getting his photo taken. I had to climb a bit to get it, but in the end thought it worth the effort:

No comments:

Post a Comment