Monday, January 17, 2011

HOOFED MAMMALS: Elk Stories-VIII

This will be my last Elk Story, for now anyway. The fall rut is quite a fascinating event. I have shown you Elk bugling, and jousting from my recent trip to Colorado. Here though, are a couple older photos from just outside Jasper National Park in Alberta. These two Elk had locked antlers when they noticed me. So they turn to look. I guess they could see that I wasn't a threat to them so, they simply went back to what they were doing. They didn't seem to be aggressive toward each other. It was almost like a "hand shake." The first one is one of my favorites. (I know I say that a lot, but it is true.)





1 comment:

  1. Wow great pictures! I stumbled upon your blog through a google news alert for Elk. Do you have a twitter? I'd love to share this post and give credit.

    Thanks,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete