Thursday, January 20, 2011

HOOFED MAMMALS: Mule Deer Stories

The first Mule Deer story is about the first Mule Deer I ever photographed (or remember photographing). I was fly fishing at Ernst Lake in British Columbia. I was still an avid fly fisherman. I spent 15-30 days a year fishing in Canada. I can't remember exactly, but it was around 1989 - 90. I had a cheap camera -- don't even remember what it was. It was long before I had any idea that someday I might want to know what camera it was. Ernst Lake was one of my favorites: a Trophy Lake with the smallest fish ever caught being at least 22 inches. This Mule Deer had made a nice little bed for himself and just lay there -- for well over two hours. I was fishing back and forth along a 15 foot shelf in the lake. Every time I got close to him I would take his picture. He never seemed to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment